REV. ALBERT B. BYRAM, pastor of the First Presbyterian Church, Edgar, was born in Darke County, Ohio, October 31, 1843, and raised on a farm in Iowa. He was educated at the State University of Iowa City, graduating in 1874, and afterward at the Northwestern Theological Seminary, at Chicago, graduating there in 1877. He was licensed to preach, by the Chicago Presbytery, in the spring of 1876, and in April, 1877, took charge of the Presbyterian Church at Greenville, Ill., remaining there until he came to Nebraska in June, 1880, at which time he took charge of the First Presbyterian Church at Fremont, remaining there for a year. He came to Edgar, in July, 1881, and entered upon his present duties. He is a very able speaker, and popular with his congregation. Mr. Byram was married at West Liberty, Iowa, in July, 1873, to Mary E. Dawson, a native of Pennsylvania. They have two children--Elbert W. and Ethel.
William G. Cutler's History of the State of Nebraska, published in 1882 by A. T. Andreas, Chicago, IL.