George W. Burnham, a native of Champaign County, Ohio, removed to Iowa, with his parents, in childhood; there grew to maturity and graduated from the Agricultural College. He returned to Ohio, and began reading law in the office of Col. J. C. McCloud, of London. In the spring of 1873, he was admitted to the bar by the Supreme Court at Columbus, and immediately entered into partnership, with his preceptor, under the firm name of McCloud & Burnham. This continued until November, 1874, and soon afterward Mr. Burnham went back to Iowa, where he is now residing.

 

 

From HISTORY OF MADISON COUNTY - W. H. Beers [Chicago, 1883]