Dr. William Huber
Dr. William Huber was born in Lebanon, Pennsylvania, on the 5th of July, 1813. He was educated in the schools in that vicinity, and when fifteen years of age attended an academy at Lebanon. He began reading medicine when sixteen years old, and attended a course of lectures at the University of New York, in Fairfield, in 1831 and 1832, and a second course at the College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York City, in 1833 and 1834. He was graduated from that institution in 1834. And began the practice of his profession at Lebanon, April 1, 1834. He continued there until ill health compelled him to seek a more congenial climate, and he then came to Columbus, Ohio, where he improved so rapidly that he concluded to remain in this State. He went to West Alexandria, Preble County, where he remained one year, then going to Eaton. There in company with Dr. A. H. Baker, he stayed two years, then coming to Hamilton. He located here in 1841, and has ever since been in the practice of his profession in this town.
Dr. Huber is one of the oldest members of the Butler County Medical Society, and is a member also of the Union District Medical society. He is a very prominent physician. Dr. Huber was married in 1846 to Miss Mary D. Budd, who was born in New Jersey. They are the parents of eleven children, of whom six survive. He is a member of the Episcopal Church and of the Masonic order.
From A History and Biographical Cyclopædia of Butler County Ohio, With Illustrations and Sketches of its Representative Men and Pioneers, Western Biographical Publishing Company, Cincinnati Ohio, 1882.