Wm. Lusk, son of Charles and Anna Lusk, was born in Virginia  July 14, 1817, and when about eighteen years of age came with his parents to this county. He had very limited educational opportunities in the old State, and here it fell to his share to work rather than attend school. The father was a strict temperance man, and the son became likewise an advocate of sobriety, and notwithstanding the influences by which he was surrounded during his youth when liquor was a factor in the fields, he is able to say he never has used intoxicating liquor during his whole life. In 1833 he united with the M. E. Church and in 1859 was licensed as a local minister, which relation he still sustains. From 1839 to 1845 he lived in Missouri, but he returned here at the latter date, where he has since remained. He has a large tract of well-improved land, just west of St. Johns, and has recentljr erected a very fine frame residence, an illustration of which appears in this volume. He is now giving especial attention to tine sheep aud cattle.

 

From "History of Auglaize County, Ohio, with the Indian History of Wapakoneta, and the First Settlement of the County", Robert Sutton, Publishers, Wapakoneta, 1880