CHARLES F. JAMIESON, a native of Ohio, formerly engaged in business in Columbiana County, is secretary and general manager of the Jamieson Sales Company at Canton. This company devotes its organization exclusively to the Chevrolet automobiles.

Mr. Jamieson was born in Columbiana County, in 1864, was educated in country schools there, and spent the first twenty-six years of his life in the labor and diversions of a farm. Following that he engaged in the general merchandise business, and also became active in local politics. He was elected and served as county treasurer of Columbiana County, with offices at Lisbon, from 1916 to 1919.

On leaving the office of county treasurer Mr. Jamieson removed to Canton and organized the Jamieson Sales Company. This company owns one of the finest sales rooms, service stations and garages in the city. Mr. Jamieson is a member of the Canton Automobile Dealers Association, the Canton Club, the Masonic Club, the Exchange Club, and the Shrine Club. He is a member of the Presbyterian Church. He and his wife, Mrs. Ida Jamieson, have one son, Thomas, now actively associated with his father in business.

 

History of Ohio, The American Historical Society, Inc., 1925, Volume III