Th» second Judge under the new constitution was the Hon. John L. Green, a native of Virginia, who located in Circleville, Ohio, about 1830, where he won and retained a large and successful practice. He was elected to the State Senate from Pickaway and Franklin Counties, serving in the sessions of 1837-38, 1838-39, 1839-40, and 1840-41. He subsequently removed from Circleville to Chillicothe, and was there elected Judge of the Court of Common Pleas. Thence he removed to Columbus, and in October, 1866, was elected Judge of this subdivision to succeed Judge Bates. He was re-elected in 1871, and again in 1876, his term expiring in February, 1882.

 

 

From HISTORY OF MADISON COUNTY - W. H. Beers [Chicago, 1883]