Jasper N. Wilson, farmer, P. O. West Jefferson, is a son of Michael and Louvina (Henry) Wilson, the former a native of Clark County, Ohio, born March 14, 1814, and the latter a native of Kentucky, but from infancy a resident of Clark County, Ohio, where they were married, and where he died February 10, 1879, and where she still resides. He was a man of medium size, quite ambitious and industrious, though possessed with delicate health. His economy, combined with prudence and hard work, gained for him a neat competency. He and wife were of many years members of the Christian Church, of which he was Deacon. Their family consisted of thirteen children, nine of whom are still living, the subject of this sketch being the only one living in Madison County, where he settled in 1866. He was born in Clark County, Ohio, January 5, 1836, and was brought up by Christian parents. On December 29, 1859, he was married to Ellen, daughter of Samuel Prugh, of Somerford Township, Madison County, where the Prugh history will be seen. She was born April 18, 1836. In August, 1862, he entered the service in Company K, Forty-fifth Ohio Volunteer Infantry, participating in the battles of London, Tenn., siege of Knoxville, Philadelphia and Monticello. while engaged at Knoxville, he was slightly wounded. he served three years, when he returned home, resumed farming, and soon after came to Madison County, where, in 1871, he purchased land and now owns 275 acres. Mr. and Mrs. Wilson have a family of four children, all living.
From HISTORY OF MADISON COUNTY - W. H. Beers [Chicago, 1883]