George Walter Booth since 1909 has been an Akron attorney, with his talent and resources largely devoted to corporation civil practice. His offices are in the Second National Bank Building. Mr. Booth is also know, for the variety of his outside interests. He was president in 1923 and vice president in 1924 of the Akron Philosophical Society.
He was born in Akron, May 15, 1885, son of Frank H. and Lillian (Bert) Booth, his father a native of Connecticut and his mother of Pennsylvania. His father for many years was connected with the Goodrich Company of Akron.
George W. Booth attended grammar and high schools at Akron, had two years of experience as a reporter on the Akron City papers and one year of journalistic work in Cleveland. His higher education was acquired in Buchtel Academy and Buchtel College, and in 1909 he graduated Bachelor of Laws from Western Reserve University at Cleveland. He was for a time librarian of the Summit County Law Library and a court bailiff. Since his admission to the bar in 1909 he has concentrated his attention upon civil and corporation law, and has been counsel for a number of organizations, including the Peoples Savings and Trust Company.
Mr. Booth is a member of Summit County, Ohio State and American Bar associations, and during the World war was volunteer assistant to the Draft Board and identified with the Red Cross and War Chest work. He is an expert rifleman, has been a member of the Akron Rifle Club, is a member of the Board of Editors of the American Rifleman, and a contributor to several rifle and sporting magazines. He is author of a volume, "Springer Spaniel Dogs." He was the first secretary of the Portage Path Canoe Club, is a member of the City University clubs, the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, the Zeta-Alpha-Epsilon and Theta Lambda-Phi fraternities. In 1910 he married Miss Ruth A. Slabaugh, by which marriage there was a daughter, Betty Virginia. On January 1, 1920, he married Ruth L. Fouser, of Akron, by which marriage he has two daughters, Eleanor and Joan.
History of Ohio, The American Historical Society, Inc., 1925, Volume III