One of the younger men in the medical profession of Tuscarawas County, Doctor Wolf is located at Uhrichsville. He was liberally educated and thoroughly trained for the technical work of his calling, and is giving his professional service in a community where his family has lived for a great many years.
He was born at the Town of Tuscarawas, in Tuscarawas County, January 20, 1898, son of John A. and Louisa (Reiser) Wolf. His father was born near Port Washington, September 24, 1862, son of John and Elizabeth (Schneider) Wolf. His grandparents were natives of Germany, John Wolf, Sr. coming to the Untied States at the age of fourteen and his wife when twelve years old. Their respective parents settling on adjoining farms near Port Washington in Tuscarawas County. After their marriage they likewise located on a farm. They reared three sons, John A., Charles R. and Dr. Edmund A. Wolf, and one daughter, Louisa, now deceased. John A. Wolf, Jr. was for many years engaged in farming, and his wife are members of the Lutheran Church. She was born in Tuscarawas County, daughter of John Reiser, of Swiss parentage. The children of John A. Wolf and wife are: Ina, wife of Earl V. Saunders; Eda, twin sister of Ina, the wife of C.F. Veigel; and Dr. Robert Edmund.
Dr. Robert Edmund Wolf acquired a good common school education and subsequently attended Valparaiso University and the Case School of Applied Science at Cleveland, where he took chemical engineering. He also attended Adelbert College at Cleveland for one year, and in 194 graduated from the Eclectic Medical College at Cincinnati. Since graduating he has been engaged in general practice at Uhrichsville.
History of Ohio, The American Historical Society, Inc., 1925, Volume V