John W. Wentz, M.D., has been established in the successful general practice of his profession at Pataskala, Licking county, since 1910, and the scope and representative character of his professional business indicate alike his ability as a physician and surgeon and his personal hold upon popular confidence and esteem. Aside from his profession the doctor has found time to make a record of successful achievement in connection with the automobile industry. Under the title of the Lambert Trublepruf Tire Company, he is general agent in the City of Columbus for the Lambert Tire & Rubber Company of Akron, Ohio, and his progressive policies have proved fruitful in the upbuilding of a substantial and important business in the sale of famous Lambert Trublepruf tires, the headquarters of the concern in Ohio's capital city being well equipped with attractive sales and display rooms at 75 East Spring Street. In the work of his profession Dr. Wentz likewise has an appreciable practice in the City of columbus, He is actively identified with the Licking County Medical Society, the Ohio State Medical Society and the American Medical Association.

Dr. Wentz was born near Upper Sandusky, Wyandot County, Ohio, in the year 1886, and is a son of Byron B. and Elvira (Keyser) Wentz. Byron B. Wentz was prominent in the political and civic affairs of his community and served as probate judge of Hardin County from 1900 to 1914. Through the medium of the public schools and other institutions Doctor Wentz acquired a thorough education along academic lines, and in 1910 he was graduated in the medical department of the University of Ohio. After thus receiving his degree of Doctor of Medicine he was for a time associated with Dr. Barnhill in Columbus, but since 1910 he has maintained his residence and professional headquarters at Pataskala. He has insistently kept in touch with advances made in medical and surgical science and practice, is a close student and has also taken post-graduate work in the celebrated Mayo Brothers Hospital and clinic at Rochester, Minnesota, as well as in the medical department of the great Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland. He is affiliated with both York and Scottish Rite bodies of the Masonic fraternity, and also with Aladdin Temple of the Mystic Shrine at Columbus. The doctor wedded Miss Margaret DeFugit, of Columbus, and she is the gracious chatelaine of their home at Pataskala, as well as a popular participant in the social activities of Columbus.

 

 

History of Ohio, The American Historical Society, Inc., 1925, Volume III